Thursday, November 8, 2012

The 7 Trials


1:
a) Bastet, the feline Goddess of Ancient Egypt
b) .jpg

2: Baldur (son), Odin (husband), Frigg (speaker)
a+b) This report hopes to explain the reasoning behind Frigg's recent comment about there being
no Happy Hour this Friday.  In my professional opinion, Frigg recently went through a stressful
and emotional event in her life.  She was under the belief that nothing would be able to harm her
son, Baldur, but her fellow deities found a flaw in his spiritual protection. Using a dart made
of a mistletoe plant, Loki was able to break this barrier by having Hod, Baldur's brother, throw
the dart at him.  This shocked many deities, especially Frigg.  Clearly Frigg was outraged,
especially with Loki, over the death of her son.  Along with the death of her son, Frigg also had
to cope with the sacrifice of her husband, Odin.  At the time that Frigg made her comments about
Happy Hour, she was still having to cope with the loss of her husband and on of her sons.
Because of this, I believe that these comments should be written off as being emotionally-fueled.  I am sure that a normal-thinking Frigg would not want the death of her husband and son to impede on everyone's Happy Hour.
I have spoken to Frigg and she believes to have a plan to get her son back.  I tried to tell her
to wait until things settle a bit until she goes out to retrieve her son, let alone if the plan
will even work.  As a mother, she does not seem to want to change her mind.

3:
a) The 9 Greek Muses
b) Calliope- Muse of Epic Poetry
Clio- Muse of History
Erato- Muse of Love Poetry
Euterpe- Muse of Music
Melpomene- Muse of Tragedy
Polyhymnia- Muse of Sacred Poetry
Terpsichore- Muse of Dance
Thalia- Muse of Comedy
Urania- Muse of Astronomy
c) .jpg
d) Oh great Polyhymnia bestow unto me,
the powers of Sacred Poetry.
Many nights I have spent trying to achieve such greatness
but I have not been able to write on such a level.

I wish to be able to master Sacred Poetry,
so that I may reach a new level of godliness.
So I call upon you, oh great muse, to aid me in my endeavor
to bless me with the art and sacredness of this poetry.

4:
a) Field Report- Shell Money Island
What a peculiar people these are of Shell Money Island.  I have observed many societies, but this
one strikes my interest based on the currency they use.  Many societies, especially in these
days, have been using currencies of gold and other metals.  Instead of these metals, this society
uses beads cut from shells.  They call them Wampum Beads.  These Beads are commonly white or
purple, but I have come across blue beads also.

Along with having just the beads, they also make things out of the beads.  I have seen many
people with belts made out of these beads.  Since the shells the beads are made out of are so
plentiful, I have noticed that items with more practical uses seem to have more value over just
the beads.  It also seems that the white beads are worth less than the purple beads, which are
worth less than the blue ones.
These beads are made from one of two shells.  The first is a larger spiraling show, in which the
white beads come from (drawing below).  The second is a clam-shell, which the purple beads are made from.  I have also learned that the white beads are called Wampi, and the darker purple or blue beads are called Saki.

I can't wait to find out more about this society.











5:
a) Scattered throughout the arctic are massive fields of ice boulders.  These simply aren't small
boulders here and there, but chunks of ice the same size as the igloo I built for myself.  I can
not think of a time that a creature has successfully gotten through these fields.  That was up
until a few years ago when a group of mortals crossed a field with their noisy machinery and
strange transporters.  I watched as they spent hours getting stuck in this field.  Then after 4
settings of the sun they made it through.  I watched in disbelief as the mortals broke through
the other side.  However, I knew I could do better and without their machinery.
b) So by following Ganesh, I was going to overcome the obstacle of the ice field and more
effectively than the mortals did with their machinery.  I had always known about these boulder
fields, but have never had a reason to cross them.  As I entered the boulder field, I truly
realized my task at hand.  Before me lay miles and miles of huge ice boulders.  But I knew that
if the mortals made it through the boulder field, I could do it.

It took me a bit of time, but I got into a good groove of crossing the boulder field.  Much of
the time I was able to be on top of the boulders, instead of weaving among the like the mortals
did.  I was able to watch my progress, and I knew that I was going through the field faster than
the mortals had.  So much faster, that what had taken the mortals 4 settings of the sun, I had
done in one.

6:

7:
b)

c) For myself, all polar bears, and those who may choose to follow my word, I claimed this land
beyond the Green and Gold Bridge.  There are a few essential reasons why I chose this land.
Firstly, it is a bit back from the gate.  This means that should someone not invited stumble
beyond the Green and Gold Bridge, they might not see my territory right off.  Secondly, from this
post I can see most of the land beyond the bridge.  Again, this is important for safety but I
also enjoy being able to see what is all around me.  Lastly, should I ever need it, the land that
I claimed comes with a parking lot.  I certainly have no use for these automobiles, but maybe my
followers will.

No comments:

Post a Comment