Thursday, November 15, 2012


A Hymn to Loki

Loki, god of cunning, I pledge my allegiance to you
All other deities should take their rightful place below you
In speech, the other three were lack luster 
And in debate, it was all the others that Loki did fluster 

Apollo in his world promised drink, music and fun 
But without some solid leadership, I think his reign can be considered done
His description of the ideal party was a little lame 
Simply, drinking and dancing lacks a certain flame 

Next, Kali who said she’d be a good mother 
But with that ferocious attitude, I prefer someone other
Furthermore, her promise for the future was some sort of protection
But this was far to patronizing and therefore she is not my deity selection

And Nanook promised me some delicious meat 
But to me, the eating of animals is not a respectable feat 
He even admitted that he did not have too much power
And the prospect of having a weak leader leaves me sour 

Alas, there is charismatic, democratic, diplomatic Loki
Answering and speaking with a refreshing tone of honesty
Even though with ease he can shape shift 
He will not trick his beloved followers with this gift
His promises of prosperity and democracy are true
We need this attitude to have a nation that’s fresh and new 
Attending to the specific desire of those that worship 
He is a peaceful leader rather than one with a tyrannical grip

About no other god can you say the same 
So everyone should go ahead and praise his name

No comments:

Post a Comment