Tuesday, October 30, 2012

My Crib


I have resided atop Mount Olympus for thousands of years along with my beloved wife Hera and the other ten Olympian Gods.  I can be seen in my throne in the picture above.


  
As you can see, Mount Olympus is quite beautiful.  The palace was built by the Titans I freed from Tartarus, and the inside was shaped and decorated by Hephaestus, my good smith.  In the words of Homer, "Olympus was not shaken by winds nor ever wet with rain, nor did snow fall upon it, but the air is outspread clear and cloudless, and over it hovered a radiant whiteness."



This is an image I have reconstructed from my memory the night of one of our lesser gatherings.  We grew merry that night on our sweet Nector, our halls full of the smells of mutton and roast beef.  




My quarters which I share with my wife, the beautiful Hera, are located on the south of the palace.  From there we have a spectacular view of our beloved Grecian cities such as Athens, Thebes, Sparta, Corinth, Argos and Mycanae.  I welcome my competitors to come join me atop my mountain for festivities and sport.

No comments:

Post a Comment