Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Welcome to Mut's Palace...


Above is my palace. It is located in a vast desert which never ends, you must be invited by me personally to enter. It is inspired by the rich history of Egypt and deep connection my people have long had with the animal kingdom. Its walls are decorated with jackals, cats, scarab beetles, crocodiles and hippos. These animals reflect my love of the Nile River and the manifestations of other gods in various animals. The structure is surrounded with lush plants symbolizing my great fertility. Flowing water weaves its way around my palace because it sounds sooth me. I enjoy calming early morning rows on its surface as, these maintain my physical and mental strength. This water also acts as a 
protective barrier against fire; my elemental enemy. 
Inside, there are many open spaces. I tend only to dwell in the top-most white level. This level contains my personal rooms such as my bedroom, bathroom, library and kitchen. I can watch over my palace from this height. It also only seems appropriate that the places where I spend most of my time are above everything else as, I am truly above all other gods and goddesses. 


Here is my library which contains long volumes I have written. I want to maintain my incredible wisdom so that if I should ever fall from my godly position, future generations can learn from my insight. The wisdom of a woman is powerful and eternal. I also pass a lot of my time reading the works of other gods and mortals, it is important to me that my knowledge is not saturated in one area. 

My bedroom is rather simple. I want it to be a place of reflection, void of confusing decor or color. If my room were as detailed as the grandeur of my palace walls, I think I would become overwhelmed. The muted tones also make the room feel like a calming escape when I am in conflict with other gods. 


In keeping with the calming theme of my bedroom, my bathroom is also a soothing haven. It reminds me of the natural world which I love so much and has a zen garden decoration. I take long showers here in which I ponder my future godly actions and think about my day. This ritual is very important to me. 


Do not be fooled by the picture above, it is not outside, it is my roof-top lake. A barrier of trees surrounds it and I invite only my most special guests to spend time with me on my small dock.


I am also blessed to have a wonderful kitchen where I can cook and entertain visitors. However, do not assume that because I am the "mother-god" I belong in the kitchen, I simply enjoying creating new dishes and serving them to others. I like the feeling of providing for others and what better way to do this than give others nourishment. There is emphasis on lighting in all the rooms of my house, which is particularly evident in this picture. I find that light can impact my mood greatly and so I try to have symmetrical, balanced placement of light throughout the palace. 




Strengths: Wisdom, Strength, Fertility
Weaknesses: Decision-Making, Fire, Impulsive


No comments:

Post a Comment